Although I am fully committed to my various roles at work and home, I am occasionally available for consultancy or workshops. I might be able to help you or your organisation with:
- Strategic Development
- Coaching or Mentoring
- Workshops on teaching, learning, curriculum, international education, educational technologies
- Resource evaluation
To get a sense of what I can do to help you:
- See my Twitter feed
- See my Libguides
- See my LinkedIN
- See examples of my writing and resources across this site, including the About Stephen page
Requests for Use of Resources
I have a strong belief that working in the privileged world of international education means we should create and share when we have the opportunity. Most of the resources I create are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-Alike license. This means permission will usually be given for educational use of resources, including adaptations, for non-commercial uses, as long as the source is attributed and it is not used or sold for profit.
I will not grant a use request for copyright or commercial use of my/our resources.
Conferences & Workshops
I am open to working with organisations on conference and workshop sessions.
I believe we need to be intentionally inclusive, so will consider events where there is a commitment to inclusion through:
- Diverse speakers and panels
- Inclusion and accessibility to the event
See my post “Is Your In-Person Conference Inclusive?” here.
Typical Fees & Requirements
I very rarely take on any private work, as life and work as so busy. When I do, it is in alignment with my ethical values and with permission from my employer. Fees for work depend on the situation and scale of work required.
- Small-group workshops or coaching – $400-$600 for up to 2 hours.
- Large-group workshops $900 – $1,200 for up to 4 hours.
- Full-day engagements range from $1,500 – $2,000
- Keynote presentations start at $500 for one hour
- Strategic development by negotiation
These fees are the same for in-person or online work. In-person sessions also require:
- Travel and accommodation
- A contact person for the event
- Adequate onsite materials and technology
The hosts are liable for any taxes or bank transfer fees. From my fees, I will give 15% to one of my chosen charities.
I do not endorse commercial products. When I do share about products or tools online, it is from a genuine place of interest or enthusiasm.
If you are interested in working with me, please email email@example.com.